Earn FREE

Earn FREE
Click to get paid

Monday, February 23, 2009

Hamlet 2

Hamlet 2
I never got around to seeing Hamlet 2 in theaters, but I got to watch it last night and it was awesome! Non-stop laughs. It was probably a combo of my expectations being lowered for no specific reason and that it was comic brilliance. 

Steve Coogan is a laugh and a half as a pathetic but enthusiastic high school drama teacher. He decides to stage an original work after he hears that the drama department has been cut from  the school's budget and curriculum. His play is a musical sequel to Shakespeare's Hamlet in which absurdity,  obscenity,  blasphemy, and nonsense collide to offend the city of Tucson. It sounds kind of lame when I read this over but it's not. The film had me giggling from the opening credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment